Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where Is The Outrage

Lizzie is on the condo association and the meeting was held in our home last night. I am NOT a meeting person. I hate them. I'm not a joiner, either. The last group I belonged to was a college fraternity and those meetings were tedious. Before that it was the Cub Scouts and the only reasons I joined was all my classmates belonged plus I thought the uni's were neat.
At any rate, while the four hour condo meeting was going on I slid into the man cave. At 9pm I watched a rerun of The Closer and at 10 the new show called Unforgettable. What struck me was that both shows were essentially about the same thing:Black and Latino crooks and murderers. Later in the evening I mentioned to Lizzie that it seems more and more TV shows have Blacks and Latinos as the bad guys. Check it out and you'll see I'm correct. So, why don't we have the Congressional Black Caucus, NAACP, La Raza, any and all minority groups raising Cain with Hollywood about the way it denigrates them? The Tea Party says nothing and is castigated as racist but the movie moguls regularly destroy the image of minorities and nothing happens. Hank Williams Jr. made an analogy about Hitler and Netanyahu, harmless to me, and he's kicked off Monday Night Football. Either the heads of minority groups are embarrassed or money talks and politicians walk.

No comments: