Thursday, October 20, 2011

Planning For The Day

The headline of this blog is as exciting as it's going to get all day long. We in Dublin Ohio are on the tail end of a 500 mile long rain of two days. Why, it's only been raining here since Noah was in diapers. With no sun and being pelted by rain drops Lizzie suggested we go to a movie. She's into Jason Stratham. This surprises me. He's a character who kills people without impunity. That's not Lizzie's style. She was and probably still is in love with Colin Firth when he did 'The Pride and the Prejudice'. His name in it was Mr. Darcy. It just has well could have been Mr. Wussy.
At any rate, Stratham seems to be the guy unless we check out Steve Martin's new flick.
I've developed a craving, no, a passion for a new television show. It comes on Thursday night and it's called "Revenge'. I never watched 'Dallas' from years ago but Lizzie thinks there are some similarities. It's(Revenge) about a girl in her twenties who seeks revenge from people who caused her father's demise when she was around five years old and it left her an orphan. The story takes place in The Hamptons so you know the the characters are 'beautiful' people. Each week the lead character, Amanda, seeks out those who destroyed her father by setting them up for failure, imprisonment or death. It's a little far fetched in some cases but, hey, it's a fantasy show and there are bunches of hot looking women. I'm trying to figure out how they can keep the series going. I mean, if I really, really wanted to destroy people who've been nasty to me in my life I could come up with probably six-tops! I suspect when TV people make a series they'd like to have the show run longer than six times. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Oh-oh! Lizzie, minutes ago, informed me it wasn't a Stratham type of day. Looks like I'll be sitting through a Ravel's, "Bolero" type of film.
The Queen and I are in the early stages of planning our winter trips, all taken as far south of the Mason-Dixon Line as possible. It's exciting to do this. The bad aspect is it never turns out to be as much fun as we initially thought. I'll inform you of our plans in later columns but as for right now there's thousands of miles to be driven IN A CAR. Driving doesn't seem like much when it's in your thoughts because the miles flit by. It's almost like you're in a Star Trek transporter. In reality, when doing it, a bullet to the head seems necessary and proper.
Enough for today. I hope the sun shines in Dublin before Dec. 31.

No comments: