Friday, January 25, 2019

Are You Triggered By MAGA Caps?

I had lunch today with a priest friend of mine today. He's a priests priest; makes Big Crosby in The Bells Of St. Mary's look like a first year seminarian.

Anyway, the subject of the Covington boys came up. He's as livid with anger as I, maybe moreso.

During the course of conversation I brought up the latest mantra that the boys should not have worn the infamous MAGA caps because they trigger all types of anxiety and feelings White Supremacy from the Left. Seriously, if you personally are bothered by a cap there are many psychologists and psychiatrists to rectify your problem. But I digress.

I, too, am triggered by things I see and hear. I get triggered when I see Obama and Hillary caps. Fifteen or so years ago at an AA meeting there was a young man sitting next to me wearing a military style green cap with a red star in the middle. Incredulously, I asked, "why are you wearing this?" "Because", he said, "communism is the best form of government".

I get triggered when I go shopping, the Tuttle Mall in Columbus is good good example, when people wear their native garb from an Asian country and don't have the common courtesy to speak English. When I go to any foreign country I take the time to learn a few words or phrases in their native language. The people appreciate the efforts I made.

I get triggered, as I did today on the way to see my priest friend, when I'm driving down the I-270 outerbelt a car ahead of me is driving 45 mph. Then when I pass said vehicle the women is on the iphone texting and/or talking.

I get triggered when I read on a daily basis the press given Hollywood D celebrities; Alyssa Milano, Cher, Ron Perleman. Robert Di Niro triggers me because he didn't even graduate from high school yet he knows more than Einstein according to him Unlike Einstein he can't utter a sentence with six or seven expletives thrown in.

Folks, it's okay to get triggered. It helps me keep my sanity. There is a huge difference from those on the Right who are triggered versus those on the Left. I don't act on those things that trigger me. I don't hit people. I don't doxx them or do what the latest form of humiliation requires. In many cases I'll say a silent prayer to calm myself down or when I'm not getting that feeling I'll tell myself, "Brother, are these people stupid or what?"

No comments: