Saturday, January 19, 2019

Racism In Minnesota And Across The Land



A rural Minnesota high school, Jordan, played a basketball game against an inner city high school, Roosevelt. The coach of the Roosevelt team had a huge butt hurt because he considered the Trump blanket to be blatant racism. I guess he didn't ask the kid to the left of the blanket.

The coach, Black, posted a number of comments on Facebook asking the likes of #BlackLivesMatter and about seven other dufus groups to get involved.

The mother of one of the boys with the flag stated she let her son have the banner to show patriotism.

Of course, the superintendent of the Jordan school promised an investigation.

My wish would be that he would have responded in the following manner to Roosevelt with "STFU" but we all know that won't happen.

It seems to me the ones who are constantly screaming racism are the racists themselves.

What am I missing on this racism deal? I watched Ohio State play the Univ. of Maryland in basketball last night. As the players took the floor to start the game I counted ten Blacks on the floor with one Black referee. This is no big deal. Watch any college basketball game, male or female, any NFL game and any NBA or WNBA and tell me there is racism. Attend any college athletic event south of the Mason-Dixon line and the teams are populated with players who have pigment a lot darker than mine. Did you see the Alabama and Clemson game. I rest my case.

The first Black team to win the NCAA basketball championship was at that time called Texas Western, now the Univ. of Texas at El Paso. They broke the barrier. It was around 1966. I was in college and watched the game. They played the Univ. of Kentucky, an all-white team coached by the legendary and most likely racist coach Adolph Rupp. I rooted for the best team but certainly not for UK. I just didn't like them. I played college basketball. It didn't bother me to play with African-Americans. John Valentine was a lot better player than I and he was Black. He helped us win. Richie Gaines was on the team and also Black. I didn't like him at all. He was all for himself and not a team guy.

It's a long way from the days of the plantation mentality. Today, there are many who want to control the plantation for themselves. And that isn't good for the nation.

No comments: