Thursday, January 31, 2019

The Big Deep Freeze Of 2019


Lord knows I don't feel worse than anyone about the severe cold when it comes to the police, fireman and those who save our lives than I do about the cold weather.

Aside from this let's get real. It's winter. It's cold. We've had temperatures across the nation that are below zero. Our Minnesota lake area where our cabin is located has seen minus 40. Two years ago they had the same for two weeks. It's expected. One of my former co-workers and his wife spent the last couple days snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I called him on the telephone and he said, "it was fun". Oh, and by the way, he grew up in Iowa.

I always joke with Ohioans comparing Iowa with the temperatures. My retort is back in Iowa we call this weather t-shirt weather.

Here's what I do to combat the temps. I stay in the house. I don't go out. I don't go to Kroger's prior to a storm warning to get bread and milk. The food we have in the house will suffice.

What do I do to combat the frigid weather? In the morning I get up, make myself some of my very favorite Costa Rico coffee. Then I'll turn on television and watch Law and Order reruns all day and night long then go to bed.

Here's the trick to very cold weather and it works. Don't leave your house.

By the way, God bless the guys who protect the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

No comments: