Thursday, January 31, 2019

Florida Eliminates Common Core In Education

"Praise the saints and gimme another beer". Gov. DeSantis of Florida has signed a law eliminating Common Core in schools. I'm 95% certain most people don't know or don't care about CC. Let me try and explain in the most basic of terms.

CC eliminated phonics in school. Common Core got rid of penmanship. Common Core decided that revisionist history is good. In other words, history is what a kid or teacher wants it to be regardless of the facts. Common Core math goes like this: 2 + 2 ='s whatever the kid wants it to be.

I'm a former high school educator which means I'm still an educator because it's impossible to once be a doctor but when one retires they're still a doctor.

What Common Core does not demand is excellence in education. Good riddance I say.

No comments: