Monday, January 21, 2019

Did You See The Blood Moon?

This photo shows the moon during a total lunar eclipse, seen from Los Angeles, Sunday Jan. 20, 2019.

Did y'all stay up and watch the Blood Moon early this morning? It's too bad we don't live in the country. I would have made the supreme effort to take a look and, most likely, would have taken a picture. But, you have the photo right in front of your eyes so if you missed it you actually didn't thanks to me.

I one of those guys who doesn't get excited about these astronomical extraterrestrial phenomenons. It's sort of like the old move with Chevy Chase film, National Lampoons Vacation. He's anxious to get to Wally World but the wife wants to stop and take in a view of the Grand Canyon on their way to California. So, there they all for, for about ten seconds, and then Chase forces the family to jump in the car to be on their way.

I was awake at 12:10 am when the Blood Moon was supposed to be prime time. Our bedroom window faces the west. I got up, looked out the window but didn't see anything but clouds. I could have walked downstairs and checked out the other directions in the sky but why? As I wrote earlier I've placed the picture in this blog.

The only effort I've ever made to see a unique celestial item was in 1986 when Haley's Comet came shooting across the sky. The only reason I did this was because my son was ten years old and it wouldn't come back again until he was 86. That way he could tell his grandchildren about the time he and his dad were at Emies Park in Davenport, Iowa.

The best

No comments: