Thursday, January 31, 2019

Modern Medicine is Kind Of Neat

Did you read the stories floating around about how Israeli scientists have said they will have a cure for cancer within a year. If true this is incredible. It's be just my luck that I'd be the last person in the history of mankind who died of the disease but that's the way it goes.

I was thinking that if this is true and the Israeli's wanted to be vindictive they could withhold it from all the countries who are trying to kill them. Of course, they could try and find common ground with Muslims and offer the drug as a peace token to bring them to the peace table. Year right!

Anyway, eight years ago I had a hip replacement. I recall the time right before I was put under an anesthetic I told that doctor. "Hey Doc, you're now the most important person in my life so don't F it up". My surgeon is a world renowned expert in his field so he doesn't concern me with his skill set.
Sometime next Wednesday I'll go under the knife and being the jerk that I am I'll tell this anesthetist the same. I'll have a hand rosary in my hands. A guy doesn't want to take any chances.

I'm excited about this operation. I want to find out what improvements have been made in the procedure in the past eight years.

It would really be special for me if I had a couple of hot nurses.

No comments: