Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Tidbit About The Dow

The Queen and I were in bed last night watching 'The Man In The High Castle' and I brought up the subject of the Dow going over 28,000. She told me she remembered when it went over 10,000. It was in March of 1999. That's quite a jump since the Dow Jones has been around since 1882.

I mentioned the fact a few years ago that the Dow never has had a losing number for over three years and that includes the Depression of the 1930's

My Girl is pretty darned sharp. She started investing in Apple even when her broker told her it was going to be a loser. Since that time its value has risen 400%. Last year it grew by 30%. I wish I had looked more closely at Home Depot but I didn't. I'll blame it on my own broker. Home Depot has been a winner. HD and housing starts: Who knew.

No comments: