Monday, November 25, 2019

An Old Age A For Effort From Sam Watterson

A You have to give actor and Law & Order icon Sam Watterson, aged 79, credit for one thing. He's a wonderful example of political activism.

Okay, I'm almost 74. Let's say there was a protest in downtown Columbus, any protest will do, and I read about the upcoming event in the paper. It might be one that pique's my interest even: free tickets to Ohio State football and basketball games for all those over 65.

Would I go downtown and carry a placard? No. Why? I would have to pay for gas and a parking place. I don't like standing for long periods of time. I might get hurt. I could get arrested and then I'd have to pay a fine.

Well, Sam Watterson doesn't care about these. Not only has he been arrested four times along with Jane Fonda for protesting a lack of climate change action by our congress he's gone one step further.

He was at the Yale-Harvard football game this past Saturday, not to watch, but to disrupt the halftime activities. Yes, he was arrested there, too.


What a dude

No comments: