Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Damn It's Cold.

I hate winter. I hate everything about it. The only thing worse than winter would be death. This morning I took Charlie out for his constitutional. We received 3" of fluff in Dublin, Ohio over a half inch of frozen ice. The winds out of the west froze my shorts and they were underneath three layers of clothing. When I got back in the house the temperature read 25 degrees. What? I felt like a sissy boy. We used to live in Davenport, Iowa and their temp was -6 and that's without windchill.

My trip to Olathe, Kansas last week was interesting, to and fro.

On my way out I stopped in a Shell gas station to buy a bag of chips. Ahead of me was a trucker who couldn't get gas because pumps weren't accepting Shell cards. The guy behind the counter who looked like Baby HueySee the source image  from the comic strips conferred with another worker, a babe with half pink and half  blue hair. They couldn't decide if a sign should be placed on the pump reading, "Doesn't Work For Shell Cards' Finally, the trucker lost it. He tore that station to shreds. He went up and down the aisles throwing everything he could get his hands on. I didn't buy the chips.

On my way back Sunday night I stopped to get a room at a Super 8 slightly west of Indianapolis. Around 7 I was hungry, got in my car and backed out. Someone should have told me a big pillar made of concrete was behind me. "Hey, it happens every year and what's another $1,550 in repairs?" I do this nonsense every years. As I've often said, my carelessness keeps the economy humming along.

I watched the Iowa Hawkeye basketball team TV last night against DePaul University. The Hawks were destroyed. "Earth to Iowa---You can't win games if you don't have Blacks playing"! Their coach, Fran McCaffrey, if he isn't careful could be sued for racial discrimination. For awhile I thought I was watching the Washington Generals play the Harlem Globetrotters.

Charlie never did complete his constitutional. Now I have to worry about this all day.


No comments: