Thursday, November 21, 2019

Make A Profit Or Get Out

The Queen and I were driving home from the dog park with Charlie. Out of the blue I mentioned that our congress hasn't done a great deal for the people, especially the middle class these past two years.

Then I remembered a story I read the previous day. 100 members of congress, Dems and Repubs alike are pushing for legislation to stop Major League Baseball from shutting down 42 minor league teams.
Their thinking is it will take jobs away from communities. I'm waiting for their plan to say we can save those teams if we put a cap on the salaries of major league players. Don't laugh. It could happen.

This doesn't surprise me about congress. They're constantly sticking their noses into situations where they don't belong. That's my opinion only.

I remember back a few years ago when congress decided to take the congressional cafeteria away from a private company because they could do a more efficient job, or so they said. This grand experiment lasted one year before the costs became more than the government could handle so it was sold back to private industry who made a profit.

So, what business is it of the government to tell professional baseball they can't practice capitalism? None.

How many K-Marts over the years have closed. The answer is hundreds if not thousands. I wonder why it is the illustrious congress didn't step in to save them.

No comments: