Monday, November 18, 2019

"Help, I'm Drowning"

Venice Italy is underwater and you know the reason why. Chicken Little has reared her head and announced to the world something, anything has to be done to end this global warming calamity.

But there's more to this water story than meets the eye and you'll immediately pick up on it after you read the next sentence.

According to NBC News today's flooding is the worst the City has seen----they should have stopped right there, but they didn't. The flooding is the worst Venice has seen since 1969. If my math is correct that was fifty years ago. Instead of me being 73 I was a sassy and sexy 23. My biggest fear then was hoping I'd be able to walk down the aisle at our wedding without tripping. I hoped my $7,300 teaching/coaching salary would be able to support me and my new wife. I had never heard about something called global warming.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

No comments: