Sunday, April 19, 2020

Do You Have Trouble Falling Asleep

Her Majesty can put her head on the pillow and within thirty seconds she's gone to the world. As for me, not so. I'll shut off the lights and then it begins. My brain is working overtime. My brain will automatically bring up situations from when I was a toddler to present day. Two nights ago I thought about the time when my dad put up a basketball hoop in our 4th street house basement. I was four years old. I thought about being the same age playing in our front yard which was kind of stupid because Highway 30 ran down our street directly in front of our house. Highway 30 was the main cross country highway replaced by Interstate 80. Every time a semi-track passed by I'd get scared and run to the back yard. Considering the trucks came through town and passed our every thirty seconds or so I was in pretty good condition.

This thinking process goes on into the night so I'm always looking for methods to sleep. I've considered Voodoo.

Anyway, I came across a site with an article titled, "How to get to sleep in two minutes" Needless to say my interest was piqued so I read it. One of the suggestions I found quite intriguing was quite simple in application. While lying in bed and totally relaxed say to yourself, "Don't think, don't think" Do this for thirty seconds and I did. Guess what? Withing two minutes I was sawing the proverbial log.
As they said to Mikey, "Try it. You'll like it". Listed in the article are other methods.

https://www.topbuzz.com/a/6801258666214294022?app_id=1106&c=sys&gid=6801258666214294022&impr_id=6817264093977413894&language=en&region=us&user_id=6512493312837025801

No comments: