Sunday, April 19, 2020

It's Groundhog Day Every Day

My think time in the wee hours of the morning got me to contemplating the movie, Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray. I'm sure most all of us have seen it. Through a series of circumstances Murray relives Groundhog Day every day.

That's what we're all going through, especially us oldsters. My pattern is thus: out of bed at 9, coffee, coffee, coffee in that order, get on the computer . It'll be in the same position in my lap except for potty breaks. Around ten in the morning or so I'll flip on the TV shows I've taped: Seinfeld, Law and Order, The Closer. At noon  I'll eat lunch then after that watch The Hallmark Movie Channel. Did I mention I'll have my computer on my lap?

At two PM Charlie and I will go for a walk. That lasts exactly 25 minutes. When we get back home I'll check my Smart Phone for texts. Then I'll look at my computer. At 5 PM I'll watch The Five on Fox.

Six o'clock means dinner. The Queen forces me to watch the Nightly News on NBC at six thirty. I don't watch or listen. I'm too busy on the computer. At seven I watch either Andy of Mayberry or Last Man Standing. I usually switch over to the other during commercials. At 8 pm I'll watch Tucker Carlson.

9 PM  Charlie will be on his haunches looking up at me. This means it's time for bed or as I should say, it's time to get in bed and look at TV on my Smart Phone constantly checking my emails and texts.

Then tomorrow it'll be the same story over and over and over again.

In the Groundhog movie Murray becomes so frustrated with his life he gets in a pickup with the groundhog and drives over a cliff but to no avail. He wakes up in the morning to do his day over again.

Don't worry about me. I don't own a pickup.

No comments: