Friday, April 17, 2020

It's Time To Move On From Coronavirus

MJ has fallen into a trap, the same one used by every other person in the world. I've become so consumed with COVID-19 I've become what I detested; having an opinion on what I have very little knowledge. I've tried to quote statistics from so-called learned organizations. In actuality they know as much as I.

It was divulged yesterday the mayor of NYC fudged on the number of deaths by 3,800; people who died without an autopsy but were given as cause of death, well you know, the virus. "That's a fact, Jack"*

Therefore, it's time to move on. I'm going to do my very best to get back to the purpose of this blog, to entertain and provide mostly ridiculous information. I'm going to concentrate on the important aspects of my life; my wife The Queen aka Her Majesty. I'm going to speak out on my best pal, Charlie. I'd love to brag on my children and grandchildren but I want to keep them anonymous. Did you know my grandson as an 8th grader ran the 100 meters run in 11.3 seconds? Did you know as a high school freshman he anchored the varsity 800 meter medley? I could go on and on but I won't because every grandparent has grandchildren who are one day not going to be politicians but very successful.

It's time to get back to normality. One piece of advice; avoid the MSM news. Avoid Fox. Avoid their competitors. Get your mind on the right track. Try saying prayers or spend a few minutes on reflection. Contemplate good memories of your youth. I saw a photo of my high school squeeze on Facebook yesterday. She was cute. We had fun together. I look at Facebook not to comment but to see what former high school students are up to. Once in awhile I'll receive a note from one of my boys I coached in '70-''71. He lives in New Orleans and still calls me Coach.

I recently received a phone call from a young man I coached in 1985. He's now the manager of the Dodgers AA minor league team out of Tulsa. It was a very nice conversation.

I'll often hear from high school classmates from Boone, Iowa. There are fourteen of us who keep in touch. Not many can say they have the same camaraderie with their old growing up pals.

Wouldn't it be fun for you to contact a mate who you haven't called in years? It can be done and you'll both be happy.




*Bill Murray in the movie Stripes.





No comments: