Thursday, October 6, 2011

Site Viewing

Once every four or five days I'll take a glance at the number of site views. I hit the jackpot in July of this year when I was getting close to 300 on a daily basis. I started thinking I was pretty good; almost John Steinbeck good. Then, I clumsily stepped on my computer and was out of commission for awhile. Wowie! My readership took a hit big-time. At this time I'm down to around 100 daily. Know what? I don't care. Way back when, three years ago when I started this endeavor, Lizzie thought I was nuts. "Why would you spend your time writing about politics or life in general", she asked? "Well", I said, "it's not different that guys doing the crossword puzzle every morning. Once in awhile I'll come up with a new word in the corners of my mind and try to fit it in".
You see, I don't care how many readers I do have. As a retired person it's fun. And then there's this. I'd be willing to bet if someone gave me some cash to commercialize this site people would think I was quite special and talented. Therefore, my wallet would thicken with dead presidents and I would become another Steinbeck.
Please do not send me money for requesting I be a personal sponsor. The pressure would be killing.
Finally, I have to ask this question one more time: "Where's Radu"?

On another note have you noticed how the leaves have magically changed colors; seems like it happened overnight? October in Dublin, Ohio is expected to be beautiful for the next week and that is a blessing. It'll be in the upper 40's in the evening and low 80's during the day. Last year during the month of October the temps were so cold cats and dogs wore extra clothing---inside their homes. As I write this from my patio a guy is mowing his yard. There's something wonderful about a lack of plant dormancy, isn't there? It is so beautiful today I didn't golf. I very much wanted to enjoy God's beauty without frustration.

No comments: